I Was Nominated For Liebster Award & I Nominate…
I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Tyrean Martinson an Independent author of Christian Sci-fi Fantasy!
Tyrean’s questions for nominees and my answers:
1. Have you ever visited Washington State? No
2. Do you drink coffee or tea? Coffee and sometimes tea
3. Name your favorite Winnie-the Pooh character: Eeyore
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? European Tour, possibly a cruise ship.
5. What’s your favorite kind of movie? My taste is eclectic. I lean toward sci-fi, action adventure, fantasy, superhero, character driven and mythological based movies, but I do like chic flicks too, like Romancing The Stone, Sweet Home Alabama and P S I Love You. All time faves Star Wars, Star Trek, StarGate, The Postman & Robin Hood-(Kevin Costner), Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings joined by Harry Potter TV Series: StarGate: Atlantis, Highlander the series with Adrian Paul, Angel (spin off from Buffy The Vampire Slayer) and Xena. I love all the mythological-superhero based ones they do now-a-days.
6. What song do you sing around the house/in the car? “I Wanna Be Rich” by Calloway
7. Have you ever seen a Giant Pacific Octopus in the wild or in an aquarium? No
8. What are your top three goals in life? Write fiction for a living, find Love-Peace & Happiness like Calloways songs says I guess–the rich part is relative, be the kind of person whose actions and words might inspire a quote like this: “You give out hope like its candy in your pocket.” From The Postman–Kevin Costner movie 1997 More quotes from the Postman
9. What’s your favorite writing utensil? Computer
10. Star Wars/Star Trek or both? Both, but Star Wars #1
11. Favorite movie soundtrack? Soundtrack to the series Supernatural
11 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. My daddy always said I was part fish. I learned to swim at age 3.
2. In Junior High I played the lead part of the evil stepsister, in the off shoot parody comedy “Griselda” who won the Prince Pimple Hymer from her perfect sister Cinderella.
3. One of the best things I ever did was take a 2 hour jet ski tour in the Bahama’s.
4. I saw WHAM!’s final concert at Wembley Stadium in London England.
5. I’ve slept in a tent on the beach next to the ocean, ate bologna sandwiches, danced and played the beer drinking game, “Quarters”.
6. I played the clarinet in marching band in Junior High and we won the State Championship that year.
7. I like to sketch.
8. I selectively collect rocks, stones and sea shells.
9. I believe magic is the science we have yet to figure out. Magic could also be use as a metaphor for the unknown.
10. I read “Gone With The Wind” at age 7.
11. I was given a live Monarch butterfly, before it hatched from its cocoon as a present. It was really cool to watch it emerge and then set it free.
MY NOMINEES ARE… (not sure of exact number of follower, but believe each one deserves more and have something to say)
1. Kirsten AKA Lark
2. Katharina Gerlach
3. Sheri Conaway
4. Elise VanCise
5. Elena Giorgi
6. Angela Woolridge
7. Lori MacLaughin
8. Vanessa Finaughty
9. Jean Schara
10. S. K. Anthony
11. Renee Scattergood
My questions: 11 Questions for my nominees.
1. Who is your favorite author?
2. If you had 3 wishes what would they be?
3. If you were given a free round trip ticket to anywhere, where would you go?
4. Would you rather live near the ocean, forest, mountains or the fourth option;)?
5. What is your favorite genre of music?
6. Who would you throw from the Plane, Train, Automobile or Ship?
7. Where is your favorite place to escape from the daily grind to?
8. What is your best memory? (You probably have several, but pick one)
9. Do you have a hobbit? if not, what would you like to do for a hobby? ROFL @ SELF okay this error was too good to correct—go ahead tell me who is your favorite hobbit?
10. What is the most memorable book you have read, or movie if not a big reader?
11. Would you travel around the world in 80 days if you could?
Pingback: Celebrate the Small Things! and The Liebster Award! | Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams
I’ve done mine finally! The kids are off for half term and we’re puppy sitting this week, so everything is taking 3 times as long!
Great answers and facts. I enjoyed your post. Here is link for anyone interested. Angela Woolrdige
Thank you. My post will go live tomorrow (it took some thinking to create), and I’ll be busily notifying my 11 nominees throughout the day.
You’re welcome. Looking forward to seeing it.
Thank you so much for thinking of me for this award! Your questions are hard to answer– so many choices. As if I could pick one genre of music. 😉
But I have to agree, coffee is a food group. My favorite food group. 🙂
You are welcome. I know it is hard for me to pick one of music, movies, books, travel locations etc. Pick what feels right, lol Life is just better with coffee, lol.
Thanks Juneta! My post is gonna go up on Monday. I hope you like the answers to your questions. 😀
You’re welcome. I am sure I will. You accomplished a lot this last year and I am sure this year will be even better.
I am so impressed that you saw Wham! at Wembley! Currently pondering who my fave hobbit is 😉 and will post up soon. Not sure if I know any bloggers you haven’t named! So may think a bit sideways on how to go about that!
Great post – thanks for nominating me!
You know Kirsten-Lark and Katharina-Cat and Jean Schara-Jean from Holly’s. Kirsten, Elena, Lori, Sheri, S.K Anthony you may know from IWSG.
You are most welcome. Have Fun! I thought that hobbit mistake too funny, LOL
you’re right – I should be less backward about being forward 😉
PS Seeing WHAM! was great and so was our 9 day stay in London. Elton John made a surprise appearance and sang “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me” with George Michael. I love riding the red double decker bus and the black taxi’s you see in all the movies—it was awesome.
Thanks for the award. I already posted my answers to your questions but didn’t manage to come up with 11 new nominations. 😉
You are welcome. LOL, I struggle with finding 11 too
Pingback: Liebster Award | Katharina Gerlach's English Site
Thanks, Juneta! It’s so nice of you to think of me. I enjoyed reading your answers and facts.
Your Welcome Lori. I tried to think of interesting facts about myself, which took me some time, lol. I don’t find myself that interesting. I am glad you enjoyed them.
I finally posted my award acceptance. You can see it here: http://lorilmaclaughlin.com/2015/02/20/celebrate-the-small-things-and-the-liebster-award/
Great facts about you! I can’t imagine not seeing the ocean until age 21, but then I hadn’t seen the seas of corn in the mid-US until just this summer, so it might be similar.
Love the part you played in Cinderella!
LOL, I am from Texas, but my area we see seas of wheat, cotton, some corn, alfalfa grass for hay etc. The ocean is a 7 to 9 hour drive depending on if you to Galveston or Corpus Christi.
Now the ocean is an hour drive any direction and I live in lake county–,known for having 7 lakes so there is one around every corner, lol and one is just two blocks from my home. .
I had stage fright, but they said I did it well I remember nothing but the fear, lol. Band and choir and group stuff was much easier for performance in public for me.
Thanks for nominating me.
I like to sketch when I’m in the mood too. I’ve lost my edge for lack of practice but it’s nice to do. Thank you for nominating me!!! 😀
Yeah that happens without practice, but despite my sketching has improved over the years. You are welcome.
thanks so much Juneta for the honor !!!
You are most welcome.
Wow! Thank you! I’m honored! Did you want me to answer Tyrean’s questions or are you going to give me new ones?
OOPS FORGOT TO ADD THEM. Hang on adding them now.
Thanks for pointing that out so quick. I missed that I had not done it.