Open Call To All Speculative Fiction Authors: Storytime Blog Hop
STORYTIME BLOG HOP
Speculative Fiction Authors & Writer’s of Halloween Stories
We are putting the call out early to give those who wish to participate in October’s Storytime blog hop two months notice to plan and write their stories.
Founded 2015 by students of “How To Think Sideways: Career Survival School for Writer’s,” writing course created by writer and teacher Holly Lisle.
OPEN CALL to Speculative Fiction Authors
What is Speculative Fiction?
Speculative fiction is a broad category of narrative fiction that includes elements, settings, and characters created out of imagination and speculation rather than based on reality and everyday life. It encompasses the genres of science fiction, fantasy, science fantasy, horror, alternative history, and magic realism.
NEXT STORYTIME BLOG HOP OCTOBER 27, 2016
Who can join?
Anyone that follows the RULES and meet the criteria. Permalinks to your story must be turned in on time by the 20th of October. (Details below.)
Want to join our Blog Hop? Read On!
Write your story according to the rules. Post it on your website/blog and send your scheduled PERMALINK to Me, Juneta by Oct 20th.
THE RULES ARE:
- Short story/flash fiction up 1000 words
- (PG RATED–No Violence, Erotica or Foul Language)
- Genre: GENERAL Speculative Fiction (Optional-October Theme: Halloween Stories)
- Posts must be pre-schedule to go live all at the same time. The time zone used will be whoever the blog hop hostess is that month-TBA (Oct-Me)
- Time zone converter preset to coordinate our times — Select from the drop down menu. Time Converter to Schedule your story post here. Preset time EST/UCT for Oct. 27th.
- Your hostess for October 2016 is me, Juneta. Send links via my website contact form.
NEED INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR STORY POSTS?
We preschedule our post because many authors are in different time zones around the world. In order to keep the hop stories coherent and cohesive for the reader’s convenience to easily read through in one sitting, we all schedule our post to go live at the same time. We synchronize with that month’s blog hop’s host or hostess time zone.
Choose your pre-set time zone for the blog hop on October 27, 2016, below.
We’re using midnight EST/UTC as the release time. Here’s a link to tell you when Midnight UTC is in your timezone to match hostess–just find your location in the drop-down menu my time (upper) preset:
WANT TO SHARE THE NEWS ABOUT THE BLOG HOP?
<–You can use the blog hop image to the left to announce the hop on your own site and social media.
And, of course, we’re grateful for all the publicity we can get.