A BIT ABOUT ME
“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury
MY ASTROLOGY CONNECTIONS: Planets: Jupiter, Mercury, and The Sun
Sun Sign: Sagittarius ~ Moon Sign: Gemini ~ Rising Sign: Leo ~ Chiron: In Pisces
Story Spinner, Tale Weaver, Fate-maker, World Creator, Mythology Bender, Star Mapper, Journey Planner, Fortune Teller.
I am originally from Texas having lived in the same small town all my life, except for three years that I lived in Dallas. Yet I have dreamed of living someplace tropical, since childhood. I have a deep affinity for the ocean, which I did not see until I was 21 years old, an experience I will never forget. A friend and I took a road trip to the beach in the middle of the night with a large tent, a cooler filled with sodas, the makings for bologna sandwiches and very little money. It was a six and half hour drive to Port Aransas, Texas. We arrived at dawn on the ferry.
In 2011, I semi-retired from my job early and moved to Florida, palm trees, swampland, lakes, and ocean. It is also home to the Seminole Indians, which is reflected a lot in the street names and towns. That marked many firsts for me. I immediately jumped back into a very different job market that had carved its niche into the digital world new rules, new platform.
It’s a good thing I’m computer literate. Life has certainly been a roller coaster ride and adventure. Starting over is never easy. It takes courage, perseverance and the ability to laugh at yourself, to forgive yourself first and then others, admire life’s irony and duality while taking its contradictions in stride.
Murphy’s Law right? “Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.” Nevertheless, life is interesting, as it is unpredictable. The only predictable factor? Change. No one is exempt.
I am a voracious reader. The reason I love to write is to try to recreate for myself the JOY that reading fictions gives me. Reading period. One compulsion leads to the other.
- Writes/RPG Star Wars Fan Fiction
- Explores Myths & Legends connected to the human psyche
- ColorCode Personality Typing (My Color is Blue)
- Personality Typing–MYERS-BRIGGS-JUNG TYPOLOGY (My Type: INFP)
- MY ARCHETYPE: ( 38% THE CREATIVE, 38% THE VISIONARY, 24% SPIRITUAL)
- Astrology & its Mythic Connections
The best thing about being a writer is you don’t have to make excuses for pretending. It’s part of the job. Where do all the stories come from? I believe it is the human condition that makes us all heroes and villains, saints or monsters. Life is the mythology of living that creates the stories of our lives and imaginations. ~Juneta
- Three poems through contests, one poem in an anthology set to music before the digital world change the way we read.
- A non-fiction article about using astrology and personality typing to create a move 3-dimensional character in The Insecure Writer’s Support Group Guide to Publishing and Beyond – Available Now!
- Eight short stories published on this site in the story portal for your enjoyment and one in each of the Storytime Blog Hops.
- Four writing projects in progress.
- Appeared at Ventura Galleries in one of a series of post on the writing process hosted by author/photographer Chip Etier, no longer available since site relaunch.
- A short story in Katherina’s Gerlach 2016 Indie Author’s Advent Calendar, story Wild Magic: Episode I. All stories made into an e-book given to subscribers on Dec. 26th.
- Recently did a guest post on Speculative Fiction Author Christine Rains blog, “What makes a good flash fiction piece.” (Live link available Dec. 14, 2016)
It’s impossible, said pride, it’s risky, said experience, it’s pointless, said reason, give it a try, whispered the heart.” ~unknown
“You hand out hope like its candy in your pocket.” ~ Kevin Costner’s The Postman
“You should write because you love the shape of stories and sentences and the creation of different words on a page. Writing comes from reading, and reading is the finest teacher of how to write.” ~ Annie Proulx
Link back to my Main pages Brief BIO
Apocalypse, Signed, Sealed & Delivered: Episode I
“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby becomes a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”
“I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.”~Friedrich Nietzsche
I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. ~Thomas A. Edison
“Failure is success in progress” ― Albert Einstein
“The darkness has ink eyes, and if you stare long enough, you’re going to see it blink black. That’s the moment to start writing.” ― Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. ” ~Steve Jobs
“Whatcha Gonna Do When They Come For You?
23 years in law enforcement 911 Communications and
Dispatch… I so get this.