It’s summer writing party. June 1st – August 31st
- Tons of free information & workshops.
- Dedicated event threads.
- Will have a involve your kids support. (Read more about it here.)
- Will focus on helping writers set achievable goals and then achieve them in three months.
- For new and experience writers. There is something for everyone. The Summer of Fiction Writing EVENT
Set your own goals and hang out with other writers on the Holly Lisle forums. Get your free account at HollysWritingClasses.com
Read about the event here.
I am an affiliate but these are not affiliate links.
- My clear target is: 500-1000 words 5 days a week
- My reachable deadline is: August 31st
- My working days are: Mon-Fri (Sat & Sun optional and interchangeable with weekdays)
- My method of measuring progress: Word Count & Finished Short Stories
- My end goal: Write 4 to 5 completed short stories. Get Grumpy Old Gods 2 published and marketing, and Grumpy Old Gods 3 ready to be published and start marketing it, create a complete outline and write 25000+ words on bigger work hitting 30000 to 50000 words before the end of the year, if possible.
- My daily goal, and number of available days: 1-2 hours a day writing/ editing/marketing 5-7 days a week.
- My leverage — WHY I need to do this: Besides the fact I need to make money with my writing to regain my quality of life and survive with some dignity, I love story. I think about writing, the craft, daily. I have written in some form as long as I can remember. I need to show myself that I can do this finish and publish and do it again, and again, and again… I want to be an author with a long list of books and short stories. I am 55 and I need to stop wasting life and time being afraid because I lack confidence because my life fell to pieces in my later years, and I fear success and failure in a way I never have before. I need to take the actions necessary and follow through until I am living it. I need to create a sustainable long term income that can support me through my twilight years and remain young at heart, mind, and in wonder. A life that brings me peace, happiness, and joy so I can breathe again before I die. And so I can leave something worthwhile in this world once I am gone that might give some joy, inspiration and touch the heart and minds of others with intelligence and the adventure of possibilities.
Love That Genre #IWSG June 5th
Twitter is @TheIWSG Hashtag: #IWSG
INSECURE WRITER’S SUPPORT GROUP
Writer’s supporting, encouraging and learning from each other. Post on your own blog about your struggles, your triumphs, and your successes. Talk about your works in progress the good, the bad and the ugly or some other writing relating topic on your mind. Read others, interact, comment, and grow within this wonderful author community. Every month there is an optional question for those who may need help figuring out what to post about.
Love That Genre #IWSG June 5th
OPTIONAL IWSG Day Question:
Of all the genres you read and write, which is your favorite to write in and why?
Love That Genre #IWSG
For me, it is a combination of genres and crossover hodgepodge of genres, but to put a single title on it would be Speculative Fiction featuring most often Paranormal Fantasy, Sci-fi Fantasy, Paranormal in general, and so forth.
Why? Because anything is possible if you can suspend the suspension of disbelief of the reader for your world when it comes to speculative fiction. Any type of character can exist in it and wonderful, magical things can happen to people, places and things. Its an escape into another world with infinite possibilities and wonder.
My Current Reading
News & Insecure ANGST:
Grumpy 2 Releasing soon the end of June or first week of July.
Accepting submission still for Grump 3 Halloween edition deadline June 29th with tentative release date end of September.
Grumpy 4 already selected tentative release date around November 1st.
Upcoming calls for submission will be for Grumpy Valentine Edition (G5) in February 2020, and Grumpy Trickster April Fool Edition (G6) in April 2020 to be announced soon. Be sure to include in your title Grumpy # you are submitting for and your name. Example: GOG 3, Nightmare Rider by Juneta Key or if title too long GOG3, Juneta Key. This helps us sort through emails easier and faster and keep track of you, as we have received over 100 submissions for each anthology so far.
My Angst: I have been in a shaky place lately, with waning confidence and motivation like the Grumpy Old Gods. I feel like I am 1000 years old and nothing holds my attention and interest for long. It is not just in writing but this is in every aspect of my life. I have trouble engaging and finishing. I suspect I may be experiencing a new phase of depression, and this time having trouble shaking it.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS HALLOWEEN EDITION GOG
Grumpy Old Gods Vol. 3 Halloween Edition
Spooky Myths, Legends, Hauntings…
DEADLINE: JUNE 29TH, 2019
DETAILS IN THE
Guidelines and rules:
Genre: Middle Grade Historical – Adventure/Fantasy
Submissions accepted: May 1 – September 4, 2019
How to enter: Send your polished, formatted (double-spaced, no footers or headers), previously unpublished story to admin @insecurewriterssupportgroup.com before the deadline passes. Please include your contact details, your social links, and if you are part of the Blogging, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter IWSG group.
WANT TO BE A FEATURED GUEST IN MY AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT?
Author Spotlight Guidelines
LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN HELP
STORYTIME QUARTERLY BLOG HOP
JANUARY, APRIL, JULY & OCTOBER
SPECULATIVE FICTION AUTHORS
Next Blog Hop
July 31st, 2019 (Wed.)
LINKS DUE July 26th
RULES & GUIDELINES