HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!
I had a story in October Storytime Blog Hop, Reaper: Death’s 1st Lieutenant, that has spawned a whole new world and possibly series.
I am co-editor with Vanessa Wells in an upcoming anthology. We have a CALL FOR SUBMISSION deadline January 13, 2019. The anthology is about Grumpy Old Gods. Find out more here.
I’m working on a
Reindeer Chow: A Christmas Snack Recipe
To Lure the Reindeer in close!
This is such an easy and fun Christmas treat, especially for the kids. Big kids too. The recipe is not new or my creation, but something I always enjoyed every Christmas as a kid and even as an adult.
You can find many recipes of this online. It is also known as Puppy Chow, Muddy Buddies, and my favorite name Reindeer Chow.
Make sure to feed Santa’s reindeer with this fun mix of chocolate chips, Chex cereal, peanut butter and pretzels!
- 1 box Chex Corn Cereal – 14 ounces
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups pretzel pieces
- 2 cups Christmas M&M’s
- Pour Chex cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Melt in the microwave on high heat for 1 minute. Stir and continue heating for another 30 seconds. Remove from microwave.
- Add in the vanilla extract then mix well.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the cereal and stir to evenly distribute.
- In a gallon-sized ziploc bag pour in 2 cups of powdered sugar. Add the chocolate chex mix, seal and shake well.
- Pour chex mix into a bowl, then add pretzels and m&ms. Mix well and serve.
Let it all cool. Once cooled down it is ready to eat or pack up as Christmas gifts in a mug, bag, or sack. Also makes it easier to feed the reindeers.