by Ronel Janse van Vuuren
Iron and fae aren’t friends. But Tasha has no choice but to be in the human realm: her very life is at stake.
High School isn’t much safer than Faerie, though. Clicks, falling in love and navigating day-to-day activities are dangerous enough without the added dread of being unmasked as being otherworldly.
But when something happens and everyone reveals their true selves, Tasha has a choice to make: will she save them from the curse upon them and reveal her true nature, or will she let them die and stay safe?
All About Tasha from Dark Desires
Tasha is a complex character. The best way to get to know her is probably through an interview…
Character Interview: Tasha
I am an unnamed reporter doing the rounds, talking to various characters appearing in the collected works of dark fantasy author Ronel Janse van Vuuren.
First up, we have the main player in Dark Desires.
- Who are you?
Tasha. A normal teenager attending High School.
- Let’s try for honesty.
Fine. I’m a High Fae from the Dark Court. Happy?
- Yes. Why did you leave the Unseelie Realm?
None of your business.
- Fine, we’ll read Dark Desires and figure it out for ourselves. Do you enjoy High School?
It’s interesting enough.
- I’ll take that as a “yes”. Are there other fae hiding out in your school?
Everyone hides something. The bake sale is proof of that.
- Right. Do you feel that you have learned anything else from the bake sale?
That chocolate is addictive.
- Not what I meant. Did you learn something about yourself during that time?
None of your business.
- Very well. Do you think the trio will return for you? Hey! Where are you going?
This interview is over.
Or maybe her music?
Character Playlist: Tasha
I think this is the type of music Tasha would listen to during her transformation from start to end of “Dark Desires”. (Links lead to YouTube music videos.)
- Radioactive by Imagine Dragons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktvTqknDobU
- Everybody Talks by Neon Trees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5G9tIe84lE
- Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQnAxOQxQIU
- Funhouse by P!nk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdjtqu3XK4U
- Dreams by Fleetwood Mac https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrZRURcb1cM
- We Are Never Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA4iX5D9Z64
- Same Mistake by James Blunt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3c32wBYdU0
- Castle of Glass by Linkin Park https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScNNfyq3d_w
- Roar by Katy Perry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8
- Castle by Halsey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk0xkd8qs9I
There you have it. I hope you’ve enjoyed the look into Tasha’s musical journey. (Remember to listen to the music and the lyrics.) After you’ve read “Dark Desires”, let me know in the comments how you think the music and the story fit together.
Award-winning author Ronel Janse van Vuuren mainly writes for teens and tweens, though she is known to write mythology-filled short stories for anthologies aimed at older readers. Her dark fantasy works, usually full of folklore, can be viewed on her website and on Goodreads.
Ronel can be found tweeting about writing and other things that interest her, arguing with her characters, researching folklore for her newest story or playing with her Rottweilers when she’s not actually writing.
All of her books are available for purchase from major online retailers. Sign up to be notified of new releases, giveaways and pre-release specials – plus get a free eBook – when you join Ronel’s newsletter.
Connect with Ronel online