My Reading List
MY READING LIST
(Briefly updated 04/20/14)
ON THE LIST CURRENTLY READING
A work by a fellow friend and writer, not yet published
Immortal’s: Book Two (Rune series) by Ednah Walters See it here
Fire in the Covenant by Peter Cruikshank See it here
The Clandestine Family: Secrets Revealed (Book 1) by T.M. Winters See it here
Rising Darkness (Game of Shadows) #1 by Thea Harrison See it here
Not everything I read makes it to the list, because I read so fast and so much, I just cannot keep up. I update when I get the time. I also read non-fiction in between all these too, but have not taken the time to list them.
ON THE LIST RECENTLY READ
Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson series–7th book in series) by Patricia Briggs Finished December 2013 See it here
Swordsplay by Katharina Gerlach Just finished reading 04/07/14. See it here
Paralan’s Children by Kathariana Gerlach Finished 04/08/14 See it here
Dark Witch Book One (The Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy) by Nora Roberts (Next two in series are Shadow Spell & Blood Magick) Finished all 3 the last 04/10/14 See it here
Runes: Book One (Runes Series) by Ednah Walters 04/10/14 See it here
ON THE LIST TO BE READ
A Flight of Mareswings See it here
Don’t Touch See it here
Bone Weary See it here
Cosmic Shift See it here
Chimeras (Track Presius) See it here
FAVORITE ALL TIME BOOKS:
- “Gone with the Wind” by Maragret Mitchell
- “Charlottes Web” by E. B. White
- “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee
- Everything Star Wars Currently “Hard Contact” by Karen Traviss
- “Writer’s Journey: Mythic Structure” by Christopher Vogler
- The Harry Potter books by J.K Rowlin
- “The Hobbit” & Lord of the Rings” by J. R. R. Tolkein
- “The Tale of Two Cities” by Charles Dickens
- “Wuthering Heights” by Emily Bronte
- “The Scarlet Letter” by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- “Something Wicked This Way Comes” by Ray Bradbury
- Nora Roberts books.
- Authors like Sherrilyn Kenyon, Practice Briggs, and Jim Butcher have had a big influence.
I can keep going, so I will stop.
My Favorite Genres
- Science Fiction & Sci-Fi Fantasy
- Urban Fantasy
- Paranormal Fantasy, Romance & Mystery
- Romance Action Adventure e.g. special ops, Indiana Jones type, intrigue, thrillers, some modern, humorous, off-beat
- Action Adventure e.g. James Rollins
- Mystery & Thrillers
I love all fiction, so I will try to read just about anything fiction, before I decide I do not like it. I want to read, so many things that I get lost in the ocean of choice. It feels at times that I never get what I want to read, read, and that I have not read all I should read (this includes non-fiction).
My reading time is normally right before bed. I go to bed a half-hour to an hour, before I need to sleep, so I can get some reading in. My day does not feel complete, unless I read that day. The latter applies to my writing as well.
My favorite Authors
Nora Roberts aka J. D. Robb, Jim Butcher, Nalini Singh, Maggie Shayne, Christine Feehan, Patricia Briggs, J. K. Rowling, Faith Hunter, Katharina Gerlach, Jacquelyn Frank, Neil Gaiman, Pierce Anthony, J. A. Janace, Clarissa Clare, J. R. Ward, James Rollins, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Lora Leigh, Jeanienne Frost, Kresley Cole, Thea Harrison, Lynn Viehl, Jayne Ann Krentz, Jayne Castle, Sandra Brown, Christine Warren, Ilona Andrews, Larissa Ione, Seanan McGuire, Kerrelyn Sparks, Nicholas Sparks, Gena Showalter, Alexander Ivy, Charlaine Harris, Holly Lisle, Lynsay Sands, Karen Traviss, Timothy Zahn, Shannon K. Butcher, J.R. Rain, Darynda Jones, Lauren Dane, Alyssa Day, Douglas Preston, Christina Dodd, Janet Evanovich, C.E. Murphy, C.J. Lyons.
There are many more I did not list fiction and non-fiction. Time consuming, lol. I also read the classics and mainstream fiction. I own in Kindle books at this time 2757. I read a lot.
My Goodreads Here I have a tendency to not keep it updated, and then one day update. Not all I have read is there, and not all I am currently reading. I need to update again. At this time, I do not have an author page on Goodread, but once I publish I will change that.